I am a qualified, experienced and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Counsellor. I have 30 years experience of working in mental health supporting people to bring about positive change. I pride myself on working consistently hard to meet my clients needs, building trusting relationships with warmth, integrity and genuineness. I am committed to providing my best for you through ongoing training, regular high quality supervision and most importantly responding to feedback from my clients.
I have worked extensively in both hospital and community settings throughout London and the Midlands. I have worked with adults and young people and in specialist teams for Mental Health, Learning disabilities, adoption and fostering. I have worked with individuals and businesses enhancing their personal and professional outcomes and my project work with employment, training and education was mentioned in the 2006 Government Social exclusion report as best practise.
As well as my private practise I currently work with adults as a High Intensity therapist for the NHS IAPT service and with adults and young people as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist for The Priory Well Being centre in Oxford.
I have a particular interest in working with young people and have worked extensively with students from Oxford, Warwick and Coventry Universities as well as young people in schools and employment.
I bring a wide range of skills, expertise and experience into my practise. However I am always absolutely committed to providing the best to my clients through my ongoing professional development and training. Currently I am developing my knowledge and skills in Acceptance and Commitment therapy
I trained as a social worker in South London in 1988 and went onto further my training as a counsellor at Croydon College and the Tavistock Clinic, North London, in 1991 and 1993. In 2006 - 2007 I undertook training in both Life and business coaching from Newcastle College
In 2011 I qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural therapist, with a post graduate diploma in Cognitive Behavioural therapy from Birmingham University. I am fully accredited to practise by the BABCP – British association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapists – and adhere to their professional code of practise.
I am committed to keeping my education and skills updated. Recent areas of further training I have attended are:
• Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT) for terminal illness – University College London
• CBT for long term physical health conditions – Staffordshire University
• Assessment & Intervention with young people who engage in sexually harmful behaviour – GMAP
• Best practise in the treatment of trauma – Coventry &Warwickshire NHS partnership trust
• Compassion focused Therapy – Paul Gilbert, Coventry & Warwickshire NHS partnership trust
• Acceptance & Commitment therapy – Dr Richard Bennett, Birmingham University
• Acceptance and commitment therapy with teens – British association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies